What is the difference between superduplex uns s32750 and superduplex uns s32760?
Are there any differences in workability between the superduplex uns s32750 and uns s32760?
How is the workability of superduplex?
How can the superduplex be welded?
Is it possible to weld superduplex with duplex?
What are the differences between austenitic stainless steel (aisi standard) and austenitic ferritic steels (duplex and superduplex)?
Which are the waterjet cutting advantages?
- Waterjet cut is cold, then unlike the most common cut such as plasma or laser, it does not overheat the cutting area and therefore it does not change the structural characteristics (very recommended for TITANIUM and TANTALIUM)
- Plates with very big thicknesses can be cut
- This kind of cutting does not make burr or buckling as other "hot" cuttings do
- Cutting surface, apart from thickness, is always almost "vertical"
- Thanks to waterjet cutting one can obtain very smooth surfaces, very close in quality to surfaces worked with tool machine, as a result often one can save in mechanical working
- Unlike other cutting methods one can save in material scrap, as cutting precision and small thickness (1 mm max) allow to exploit nearly 100 % plate surface.
- SpecialSteelStock in-house machine:
- Maximum useful cut size: 3000x6750 mm
- Maximun thickness: 200 mm
- Maximum actually cut thickness: 160 mm in UNS S32760
Which are the plasma cutting advantages?
- Plasma cutting is a thermal fusion cutting (plasma is an electrically conductive gas)
- Plasma cutting leaves plates dross-free
- High-cutting speed when cutting thin and medium-size plates
- SpecialSteelStock HD plasma cutting macchine:
- Max. cutting dimensions: 3190x7150 mm
- Max. cuttable thickness: 100 mm
Here’s the formula to calculate PREN value: Cr%+3,3(Mo%+0,5W%)+16N%
What's alloy surcharge?
- What's alloy surcharge?
Alloy surcharge is a supplement, calculated considering the price of the alloy elements (nickel, chrome, molybdenum), added to stainless steel basic price. This surcharge is due to the shortage of some raw materials, such as Nickel, which create price fluctuations in the stainless steel marketplace.
- Is alloy surcharge applied to Customers order?
SpecialSteelStock offers - unless very particular occasions - always include alloy surcharge and therefore quoted price is final.
- Where finding Nickel and Molybdenum updated price?